M62X42B - Real Time Clock IC With Built-In Crystal
The MSM62X42B is a bus-connection Microcomputer peripheral IC of a Real Time Clockwith built-in crystal in the perpetual calendar which can be read and written from a secondunit. The interface between this IC and a microcomputer uses 4 data buses, 4 address buses, 3 control buses and 2 chip selects and carries out setting up, amending and reading time.
ALE input is available for 8048 system, 8051system or 8085 system and is used for other microcomputers if this input is fixed at "H"¡ Semiconductor MSM62X42B REAL TIME CLOCK IC WITH BUILT-IN CRYSTAL The clock function provides seconds, min-utes, hours, day of week, date, month, year,12/24 hour selectable, automatic leap year in the Christian Era and 30-second compensation controlled by software. The periodical interrupt function (or periodical waveform output) and the STOP/START function of the clock are also provided. The device is a silicon gate CMOS and the current consumption is low. The built-in crystal oscillator is 32.768kHz and battery backup operation is considered.
• STOP/START function for clock
• 12/24 hour selectable
• AEL input for 8048 system, 8051 system or 8085 system (when a microcomputer does not provide the ALE output, fix the AEL input at "H".)
• Low current consumption for CMOS device
• Low STANDBY voltage and small STANDBY current
• 18-pin plastic DIP(DIP18-P-300)
• 24-pin plastic SOP
• 32.768kHz built-in crystal oscillator (2 ranks of ±10PPM and ±50PPM ---DIP)(2 ranks of ±20PPM and ±50PPM ---SOP)
• Real time clock of second, minute, date,month, year and day of week
• Interface corresponding to microcomputer bus
• 30-second compensation controlled by software
• Periodical interrupt function (or periodical waveform output) for alarm